Returning for a 5th year, The Lakeland Festival of Light took place on the 4th May 2019. The festival of light is a community effort to raise funds for charities and this year, so far the Lakeland Mountain Guides organised event has raised over a whopping £16,000 for the Lake District Mountain Rescue Search Dogs. Over 2000 people attended to create spectacular scenes and support the charity making it the biggest event to date.
This years event saw the creation of mountain art at Catbells by lining the spine of the mountain with head torches at night.
The Lake District Mountain Rescue Search Dogs charity is an entirely voluntary organisation and rely solely on the generosity of public donations. They are a specialist team dedicated to the training, developing and deploying of Search Dogs within the Lake District Mountains and Fells to search for missing people.
Below are some of the photographs taken on the night courtesy of the Lakeland Mountain Guides. Please visit https://www.lakelandmountainguides.co.uk/about for more information about how they help thousands of people from many different walks of life reach summits, achieve goals, defeat challenges and learn new skills…. And please don’t forget to visit http://lakes-searchdogs.org/ to read more about the amazing work done by the Lake District Mountain Rescue Search Dogs charity.
*** PLEASE NOTE – THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED *** To launch taking over the management of this beautifully refurbished, well equipped, two storey maisonette apartment located in the heart of Bowness, we are giving you the chance to win a 2 night mid week stay.
In less than a few weeks, our new online booking platforms will open, so why not enter for your chance to win a stay for FREE!
To give you a taste of whats on offer, this apartment is set over the first and second floor of a large traditional stone lakeland house. On entrance to the first floor hallway, you will find a spacious lounge with three sofas and a dining table, a well equipped kitchen also boasting a breakfast table, a bath and shower room and separate toilet room. The first floor entrance hallway offers space for shoes and cloak. Leading up to the second floor you will find three bedrooms (two double and one single)
Only a few minutes walk away is Biskey Howe View point with magnificent views over Bowness and the Lake.
Less than 5 minutes walk you are in Bowness Town with shops, bars, cafes, restaurants and posh nightclubs. Less than 10 minutes walk you are by the side of the lake.
For your chance to enter:
Like our Facebook page Comment on our FB Competition post, tagging 3 friends who would love to visit Bowness Share our FB competition post publicly
Winner will be chosen Saturday 4th May. We will notify winner via Facebook messenger and announce on Facebook and Instagram.
Terms and Conditions Template
The promoter is Bracken Crag Holiday Maisonette, Bowness, Windermere.
The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 25 years or over.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via
Closing date for entry will be Saturday 4th May 2019 at 13:00 hours. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Like our FB page. Comment on our FB competition post tagging 3 friends who would love to visit Bowness. Share our competition post publicly.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: 2 nights mid week stay in Bracken Crag. Check in is at 4pm and latest check out 11am. Dates are subject to availability, 3 date choices will be offered.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random
14. The winner will be notified by DM on Facebook and also announced on Facebook and instagram. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize.
15. The promoter will notify the winner how to claim the prize / check in
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address email@example.com
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Bracken Crag shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
Bracken Crag also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.